Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Italian Spices



For spring break, my lucky roommate decided to go to Rome to visit her boyfriend.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to Europe over my spring break, but I did feel like I was there, because of the gift she brought back for me!

She got me Italian spices! Aka she is the best roommate ever!

This is one of my go-to, quick meals, a simple rice dish.  You can put different spins on this dish depending on how you are feeling by mixing up the spices.  I sometimes make it with curry and cumin or even basic salt and paper.

I loved using the Italian spices.  They were really flavorful, delicious, and even a little spicy!

Feel free to try my recipe or mix it up!

Ingredients:
1 cup Rice
2 big handfuls Greens (these can be spinach, kale, or anything else, I had this Asia green from my farm box that I used)
1 handful Mushrooms

Directions:
Cook the rice according to the directions.  

Add mushrooms and greens to a saucepan with some olive oil.  Add whatever spices after about 30 seconds, to allow the greens to cook slightly.  Cook until the greens have become a vibrant color.  Serve over rice.  


3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy, and look so easy! Thanks for sharing all of your recipes, I need to get on this cooking train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! The best food I ever had was is Italy a few summers ago. The rice recipe looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks great and so easy to make! Italy definitely has amazing spices and spices are the key to flavor and really have a large impact on a dish!

    ReplyDelete