Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pizza Rolls




One thing my mom used to make when I was little was pizza rolls.  It was so fun, because my siblings and I would get to help her without messing anything up.  

Today, when I was walking around the DuPont Farmer's Market looking for inspiration for a blog post, my eyes fell on the pizza booth they have there.  Literally, they will cook you a pizza right then and there.  Lucky for me, they had some extra dough, so I could make my own pizza at home!

It is really easy and fun to make, and you can put any toppings you want.  I decided to use just pepperoni today. I also used my favorite, Mario Balotelli sauce.  I highly suggest this as a jarred sauce; it's the best!



Good luck!

Ingredients:
Pizza dough
Cheese
Sauce
Toppings
Egg



Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 
Roll out your dough similar to if you were a making a regular pizza.  Assemble your sauce and toppings.  At the last moment, roll your pizza like you would a piece of paper. 
Whisk an egg in a bowl, and glaze your pizza rolls with it. This creates a nice shiny, browned finish.



Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes and serve.

4 comments:

  1. Hah! I used to have pizza rolls when I was younger as well - yours look awesome. I still buy those Totinos Pizza Rolls, which are awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I agree with Casey, bye bye diet, but HELLLOOO HAPPINESS

    ReplyDelete