Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sprout Jar

For those of you who came here for duck.  Stay tuned!  The duck did not defrost in time for me to post tonight, but it will be updated soon!

Anyways, in a pinch, the blog post for the week is SPROUTS! A while ago, I saw this awesome blog post from one of my favorite blogs, The Free People Blog.  Anyways, it detailed how to grow bean sprouts in the winter.  Then, when I was at the garden store, I saw the seeds, and I made an impulse purchase.  I am now a proud owner of a Sprout Jar.


It is really easy to do, and I encourage everyone to try this.  Bean sprouts are good on most everything, super healthy, and extremely easy.  I will update next week to let everyone know how they are doing!

Ingredients:
Glass jar
3 Tb sprouting seeds
Mesh
Rubberband

Directions:

Put seeds in jar and fill a quarter cup of water.  Let sit for 4-8 hours. Drain.  Rinse 2-3 times daily, leaving the jar horizontally placed to allow sprouts maximum growth.  In about a week you will have sprouts!


1 comment: