Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Baked Ziti


Baked Ziti, basically, the best pasta dinner dish ever!  Today, I made baked ziti for my team.  We have been trying to have a bunch of pasta dinners this year, because the ultimate team has gotten so large.  We are almost 40 girls.  Getting to know everyone socially, would be a little difficult, except for pasta dinners. 

Anyways, a few weeks ago, I made lasagna, but this time, I wanted to try something different, spice it up a but.  I decided to use the food network's recipe for baked ziti, with some of my extra spice, aka meat for the meat-lovers and peppers for the vegetarians.  

I think everyone really like the baked ziti, and it was very simple to make.

Ingredients:
1 pound of whole wheat ziti or penne pasta
1 jar of marinara sauce
16 oz of shredded mozzarella 
1 pound of ground beef or 3 bell peppers cut to 1 inch pieces
1 cup of parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat over to 400 degrees.  Cook pasta according to package.  In a frying pan, cook meat/peppers until tender.  Once cooked, mix pasta, sauce, meat/peppers and cheese together in a 12 inch baking pan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.  Cook for about 30 minutes and serve.  

Everyone at the pasta dinner loved it!  

7 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Never underestimate the power of a good dish at a pasta dinner, especially in a team setting. Good old "carb loading"! I will definitely be sure to have this recipe handy when our team gets together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to having big team dinners and it's always great to get the team together for a nice cooked meal! Baked ziti is my favorite so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that your team does pasta dinners! Definitely a great way to get to know a lot of people. I don't know if you're on Pinterest at all but they have great variations of Ziti receipts if you every want to make the same dish again but have a different twist on it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! It seems like the perfect recipe to play around with like you did with the meat and the vegetables. It's great that you were able to have a pasta dinner for so many girls and get to know them. Seems like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UMMM....YOU'RE DEFINITELY MAKING THAT FOR ME SOMETIME SOON. I'll make homemade garlic bread for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks plenty legit. I've always loved pasta, and when I used to run track I ate it religiously before meets. I'm going to have to try out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete