Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mushroom Burgers


One of my favorite, go-to recipes is portobello mushroom burgers.  They are easy, healthy, and delicious!  My original recipe came from Martha Stewart, but now I like to experiment for myself. However, I almost always use her balsamic glaze, because it is wonderful. 

This week, when I got portobello caps in my CSA Share, I simply couldn't resist making them. 

Ingredients:
Portobello caps
Goat cheese
Burger buns
Micro Greens
Condiments 

Directions:
Heavily sprinkle portobello caps in balsamic vinegar.  Let sit for as long as possible (at least twenty minutes).  The longer they sit for, the better they taste because the balsamic has time to congeal with the mushroom.  I usually do this step in the afternoon, allowing my burgers to rest for 3-5 hours. Then, sauté them smooth side down As they are cooking, pour the extra balsamic vinegar from the plate onto the burgers. This solidifies the balsamic taste. 

While the burgers are cooking, toast your bun.  

After, plate your burgers, adding the goat cheese and micro greens.


Feel free to add anything else you see fit.  Sometimes I add brie instead of goat cheese or some pickled radishes if I have them on hand.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I love portobello burgers! They are absolutely delicious! I first had them when I was a vegetarian for Lent, and it was great because I did not miss the meat at all with those burgers. Have you tried the one at Tonic? It has a fried egg on top, which I think adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you have the time and dedication to cook and recreate all sorts or recipes! These mushroom burgers sound amazing, I have finally acquired at taste for mushrooms, and I have never been happier. About the balsamic glaze, is this bottled or can you make it?

    ReplyDelete